Thursday, July 28, 2011

the spirit of generosity


The spirit of generosity. You either have it or you don't. Lucky for my family of four it surrounds us.

The last nine months have been eye opening for all of us. Was it a nightmare? At times, yes it was. Will I ever forget it? I'd like to, but no. Did I ever scream out of frustration? Absolutely. Did I ever crawl up into a ball & cry in the corner? No, that's not my style - I wasn't raised that way. What made the last nine months so manageable? What made our living with an LVAD so tolerable? Strength, love, and the spirit of generosity.

This spirit of generosity I speak of stems from our family, our friends, and our family at Cedars Sinai. It comes from our people. I have said thank you so many times. I have sat at this very computer and typed away just exactly how grateful I was for everyone's generosity. I have cried many a happy tear because I was just so overwhelmed at our people's generosity. To this day it amazes me.

This time around I want our people to hear my thanks, to see my thanks. This time around I want to spread the word about the spirit of generosity. I want my boys to know they were the force behind my strength. That I did what I had to do because Kevin is the love of my life. And that the spirit of generosity not only comes from our people but from our donor family.

The video below is for our people. It's for my boys, for Kevin, and it's for our donor family. Please share this video on twitter, on facebook, and with anyone you know. Please get the message out there that donating life DOES make a difference and by registering to become an organ donor, you DO have the power to change someone's life. And if they still don't believe you, just tell them a story about a little family of four........



4 comments:

  1. Tracy love - perfect, could not have been changed in any manner. I always find it ironic that you and I are writing at the same time - kindred souls, I suppose. You and your family mean the world to us....You were there in my darkest hours and you pulled me through hell. I will never be able to thank you enough. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Tracy, way to get me all emotional first thing in the morning. But it is a wonderful video and this is a great site. They boys are ready to be movie stars :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank YOU Tracy for being the wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend colleague that you are! You are an amazing role model to our community and your precious children! Your "journey" has been one you shared so deeply and one that I will never forget. I tell your story often......everyone listens. Now, "Donate Life" means so much more! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your post.Official website for ActiveCare Home Care. ActiveCare is a provider of home care services for seniors living in Chicago and the surrounding counties.

    caregiver

    ReplyDelete